Message From The Pastor – May 11, 2020
My prayer is that you and your loved ones are staying safe and well. I want to give you an update on what’s happening with our church since we suspended our in-person gathering and activities back in March.
Overall, our primary focus continues to be on protecting the people of God, especially the most vulnerable. We are following the state rulings along with CDC and UMC guidelines to do our part to help preserve people’s health and safety during the Covid-19 outbreak.
I recently met with our Church Council and can provide the following update.
- Our main church building continues to be closed to in-person gatherings until further notice. We expect this closure will continue through the month of June. We are holding Sunday worship services by video conference and call-in services. We welcome people to join us. Please use our Contact Us form to inquire about joining our Sunday Worship services.
- CSUMC Thrift’s Shop/Food Pantry: Our Thrift Shop and Food Pantry will continue to be closed through May. We will monitor the state’s guidelines for reopening businesses and use this info to determine when it will be allowed and safe for us to open these services.
- Small Groups: Our Bible Study group will continue meeting by video conference. Please check our website (gardnerumc.org) for details and info about joining our study.
- Outside groups: Several outside groups who are using God’s, and people’s space at CSUMC will independently make their own decisions on their gatherings. Our Leadership Team members maintain contact with these groups to inform them of our decisions and listen to their plans.
Our Leadership Team will continue to watch for additional medical alerts and declarations from the Federal, State, and Local officials. We will post appropriate alerts and announcements on our church website: https:\\gardnerumc.org and on our Facebook page.
CSUMC will use email and our church website to share news and communications from the following:
- New England Conference UMC, District Superintendent, Rev. Megan Stowe, CSUMC Leadership Team/Church Council, Federal, State, local government, and the Medical Community.
We continue to send emails and post weekly updates on our website with worship bulletins, news, and others. We encourage you to check our website, post questions, suggestions, prayers, scriptures, faith stories, and inspirational quotes, and devotions. If you would like to be on our email list, kindly send us an email by using our Contact Us form.
I appreciate your faithfulness, wisdom, cooperation, and prayers. Let us remain prayerful, hopeful, and trust God, our medical experts, and our collaboration. By doing so, we will get through this challenge.
I am praying for God’s grace, peace, and healing for you and your loved ones.
Pastor Sela Rousseau